Sunday, October 08, 2006

Vicious Attacks on Anti-Bush Demonstrators in Portland

Anyone that doubts that police would initiate a riot simply hasn't seen it happen, as have I, so don't even try to convince me otherwise. See June 1, 1997: My Introduction to Teargas

Vicious Attacks on Anti-Bush Demonstrators in Portland

I have been to many protests, witnessed countless acts of police brutality, but none compare to what I saw today. Bean bag guns, pepper spray, rubber bullets, and billy clubs; all of them used to attack peaceful protestors. Friends of mine were trampled by horses, beaten by billy clubs, and peppersprayed severely. All in an disgusting display of extreme police brutality. My hands are still shaking and my eye still hurts from pepper spray so I will try to write this as best as I can... [read more...]

From the open publishing newswire: This is sick... World Can't Wait in Portland, you are disgusting individuals. I'm honestly still in awe about how people fighting to stop bush could be that backstabbing, that fascist, and I'm sorry, I can't write anymore about this, I am entirely too upset. [read more...]

From the open publishing newswire: It is standard operating procedure for the media to dutifully repeat the claims of the police. Remember that "bottle" in the 2002 Bush protest. Sure, no one actually threw one but the media repeated it for weeks, and never offered a correction nor an apology when the video footage from protesters and police alike contradicted their "reports". I just hope their were some good videographers out today and that we'll see a new round of lawsuits against the city. [read more...]

Pig Riot WCW Congratulates Police Police Horses Trample Girls Arrest Updates: [ 1 2 3 report from an arrestee ] Interfering with Jail Support: [ Channel 6 Sgt. Davis ] RRR: Observations Audio: Rally and Outside Oregonian Pics: Cops Shooting People Corpo Media Colloboration: [ KOIN Oregonian ] NWCRC: Press Release Call the Mayor

This is the guy that shot the bean bag or dowel thing

Blogger Note: Click here to watch video of calm bystanders being pepper sprayed. When deep down you know what you are doing is wrong but you have made a committment to doing it anyway, there is a tendency to want to make witnesses go away. Check it out.

MIRROR SITE

Also see Seattle in 1999

1 Comments:

Blogger Ancient One said...

Why do the people tolerate it...?

If a man came up to you in the street and attacked you, would you defend..?

So what is the difference between an illegal attack by a criminal and a criminal attack by a police officer...?

I am finished rallying this year but come the next, if a copper over here tries the heavy stuff, lays his hands on me then I am going to defend myself.

We do not have to tolerate criminal behaviour, whether by police or non police and we have the common law right to defend ourselves regardless of what Bush and others may say.

Ancient One

http://votao.blogspot.com

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





eXTReMe Tracker